Parmesan Onion Rolls
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions or red onions
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic optional
- 1 ea loaf 1 pound frozen bread dough thawed out
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese separated
- In a medium skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; sauté green onions until tender. Stir in pepper and, if desired, garlic.
- If you want real strong onion flavor, reconstitute 1 tablespoon of dried minced onions and sauté with above. (optional)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spread with onion mixture. Sprinkle with half of the parmesan cheese.
- Roll up like a jelly-roll, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place in greased muffin cups. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45-60 minutes. Preheat oven to 375° while proofing rolls. Sprinkle rolls with other half of Parmesan when placing in oven.
- Bake until brown, about 18 minutes. Remove from pan to a serving dish.